Monday, April 2, 2012

Quote of the Month - April

So, I love quotes. Ask my friends, my family, anyone who hangs out with me - I love quotes. And every month, I seem to have a new quote that I just cannot stop thinking of. Sometimes they're funny quotes, but most of the time they're fairly inspirational. Which is why I'm doing something called the Quote of the Month. This will be a monthly post with a quote that I love, which is like my mantra for the month. For April, the quote is

"It's not until you're broken that you know what you're made of." -Unknown

Let me give you an explanation of this quote: if you go dancing through life, not really doing anything hard or complicated or noticeable or daring, you aren't all you can be. In some ways, you are hiding behind a mask. It's not until you face the absolute worst thing - whether it be losing a loved one, getting into a car accident, whatever- that you really know who you are and what you can do. It's not until you are put through the worst thing imaginable that you really know your limits what you can and cannot do.

And so this month, I'm going to try and dare myself to stretch the limits of my comfort zones, to do something daring to see exactly what I'm made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...