Saturday, April 21, 2012

Book Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum


Title: Die For Me
Series/Sequel? The first of the Revenants series
Author: Amy Plum 
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Page Count: 341

Summary from inside flap of book: My life has always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything. Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I meant Vincent. 


Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept mt off mt feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen. 


Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life and risk every day. He also has enemies... immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind. 


While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart - as well as my life and my family's - in jeopardy for a chance at love?

Review:  Three Words: Zombie Love Story.

Those three words are essentially this story in a nutshell. Although, I realize that that isn't really a real review, so let me tell you what I thought about this book.

The plot in of itself is fairly interesting. Learning about what Vincent is and all the rules that go with it, and what he can do, and all that... it was interesting. I've never read anything like it, in terms of the "paranormal" part of the plot. But it is a Paranormal Romance book. And in terms of the romance part of it... if you're a Twilight fan, the romance part of it will interest you.

On Kate's character: More Twilight analogies. She's fairly Bella-ish. She can't deal with it when Vincent is no longer with her. And she was the one that broke up with him! She was all moaning and weak and... I kind of wanted to grab her my the shoulders and shake her a couple of times until some sense was slammed into her brain. The rest of the time, she was fairly level-headed and cute, kind of keeping to herself. I liked her, beside her moaning and groaning over Vincent.

I liked Georgia, Kate's sister, even more so that Kate at times. She was very funny and carefree, even if she made some bad choices at times. Kate's and Georgia's relationship was realistic, in terms of older and younger sisters.

I loved Vincent, and the rest of his "family". Jules and Ambrose were both hilarious, Charlotte and Jeanne were really sweet, and Gaspard and Jean-Baptiste both had very unique personalities, for their specific characters.

All in all, I think the paranormal part of the story was much better than the romance part, and I wish is focused much more on that than Vincent and Kate's relationship. I might or might not try to find and check out the sequel at the library. I'm not sure if I can handle more of Kate's weakness.

Rating: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...