Saturday, April 21, 2012

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Series/Sequel? No
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genres: Realistic Fiction, Romance
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Page Count: 372 (Hardcover)

Summary from inside flap of book: Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wished have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? 

Review: Oh, this was so adorable! So, so adorable! It was realistic romance, and I loved it so, so much!

Okay, calm down, Anastasia. Calm down. Get out review. Then you can swoon again.

So, yeah, my review. I've heard that this book was really good, so when I saw the spine on my library bookshelf, I decided to check it out. The librarian gave me a look, and my friend teased me (because the title is a little... ahem, suggestive) but it was worth it.

This book was hilarious. I was only a couple pages in and laughing. It was just so realistic. Like how a seventeen-year-old girl would actually be thinking. Just a hilarious, slightly ADD seventeen-year-old girl. Anna was hilarious and realistic, and I loved every second of her. It was told from her perspective, and so her hilariousness was there almost every moment of it. She is amazing and fearless and... oh, I wish we could hang out sometime!

The rest of the characters were really great as well. Etienne St. Clair was so charismatic and nice and sweet, and not at all like the typical sex-crazed guy. I'm mad at Anna for taking him, because I think I'm in love with him. :)

The rest of the characters were very awesome as well. Well, some of them (like Amanda and Toph and both St. Clair's and Anna's fathers) weren't very nice and I kind of wanted to slap/kill them at times, but they were all very unique. I greatly respect the author for being able to successfully give each character their very own specific personality.

I really wish there was a sequel to this, because I loved it so much! I've gotta check to see if it's at the book store, because I want to buy it so badly!

If you like Sarah Dessen, I would suggest this book for you. If you like romance, I would suggest this book for you. If you like down-to-earth, realistic fiction coming-of-age stories, I would also suggest. All in all, an awesome book!

Rating: 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...