Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Book Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


Title: Goddess Interrupted
Series/Sequel? Second book of The Goddess Test Series
Author: Aimee Carter
Genres: Paranormal Romance, Greek Mythology
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Page Count: 269 (Paperback)
Summary from back of book: Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless cavers of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry's first wife, Persephone. 

Review: I read The Goddess Test last year, and I've been waiting for the sequel ever since. It did not disappoint.

Told from Kate's POV like the first book, this starts when James brings Kate back from Greece, back to the Underworld. From there, things picked up rapidly. (In terms of the plot, I mean.)It wasn't like Harry Potter-ish or anything like that, where you can't possibly stop reading because of the next battle or whatever, but there wasn't really a dull moment in this book.

Kate's character grew from the first book, and I greatly respected her bravery and courage. She did anything she could to help Henry and the council. She dealt with people she hated, risked her life several times, but kept going to save the people she cared about.

Persephone... she plays a major part in this book. And I didn't like her. At all. She was selfish and idiotic and selfish and uncaring and a bi-

...mean word I'm not allowed to say. :D

I also hated how much Henry still cared about her. It was thousands of years ago. Get over her already! You have Kate now. You are married now. Stop being so jerkish and mean and just plain RUDE to Kate, and be with the girl who actually loves you, instead of a pretty face. Those were the words I was screaming up at him almost the entire time.

The ending made me want to pull my hair out and scream and Aimee Carter to hurry up and write the next book. It was such an awful cliffhanger! I mean, it was an amazing ending, but it's awful that she's making us wait for it.

I can't wait for The Goddess Inheritance! Anyone know when it's coming out?

Rating: 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...