Friday, March 30, 2012

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


Title: The Fault In Our Stars
Series/Sequel? No
Author: John Green
Genres: Realistic Fiction, Philosophy, Romance
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Page Count: 313
Summary: Hazel has had lung cancer for years. It's only a matter of time before the tumors take her life. Until, on boring Support Group day, a good looking boy named Augustus Waters begins staring at her, and her life changes forever... for a little thing called love.


Review: I've heard a lot about John Green. One of my best friends has been bothering me and bothering me and bothering me to read him, especially this book, which she obsessed about for a couple of days. So, seeing it in my library, I picked it up and checked it out, thinking What the heck? I can finally get her off my back. 

I am SO glad I did.

This book was flat out amazing. That's the whole truth of it. It was flat out AMAZING. I loved loved loved loved it.

Okay, so it's a cancer book. It's sad. SPOILER ALERT: Someone dies END SPOILER

But it's beautiful and philisophical and hilarious and... and... and...

Let me say this: in the summary, I said  "her life changes forever... for a little thing called love." Let me clarify: this is no sappy, swooning love story. Hazel's and Augustus's relationship is nothing like that. It's more like best friends - they are laughing and kidding and just hanging. The conversations they get into can be deep and philosophical and so interesting to read about, even as it's just so HILARIOUS they way they say and view things.

I was four pages into this book and already cracking up. That's how awesomely hilarious it is.

I wish... I really really wish that I could say more about it, but I just... I can't describe it. I just... I can't. I can't tell you just how AMAZING it is. You have to take my word for it and read it. Please. Because I need someone to freak out with!

I'm definitely planning on checking out his other books! 

Rating: 

Little thing: Did you see that little yellow sticker on the cover image up there? It says SIGNED COPY. Yeah. I got a signed copy. Awesome, right? Of course, it's actually the library's book, but... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...