Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Book Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side


Title: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Series/Sequel? Followed by Jessica Rules the Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Genres: Romance, Urban Fantasy/Paranormal
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Page Count: 351  
Summary: The only thing Jessica Packwood wanted was to get through her senior year and win all her mathletes matches. She had no intention of gaining a hot, Romanian stalker/foreign exchange student/betrothed. According to said Romanian, Lucius Vladescu, and Jessica's own adoptive parents, he's a vampire prince, and Jessica, who's actual name is Antanasia Dragomir, is a vampire princess and his betrothed. Becoming undead can seriously screw up your senior year...

Review:  I... really don't have a lot to say about this book. The plot wasn't anything special, rather predictable in places, and it didn't have me overly anxious to read more. The only reason I finished this book so quickly (less than twenty-four hours) was because it was one of those lazy days where I had nothing better to do than read. I thought Jessica was pretty cookie-cutter-female-nerd, and Lucius was kinda of typical mysterious-bad-boy, though in places I thought he was rather inconsiderate, stupid and annoying. It was an okay book, but I wouldn't rush to put it on your TBR stack.

Rating: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...