Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quote of the Month - March

So, I love quotes. Ask my friends, my family, anyone who hangs out with me - I love quotes. And every month, I seem to have a new quote that I just cannot stop thinking of. Sometimes they're funny quotes, but most of the time they're fairly inspirational. Which is why I'm doing something called the Quote of the Month. This will be a monthly post with a quote that I love, which is like my mantra for the month. For March, the quote is

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

 I'm sure you have probably heard this quote before. It is probably among the top ten greatest American quotes, along with those like "Give me liberty or give me death!" and "Speak softly and carry a big stick." It really is a great quote, because it's TRUE.

Let me explain maybe a little more. He is not saying that we should be afraid of fear. He's not saying that we should be totally and completely fearless either. What he is saying through this quote is that to really get the most out of life, you cannot hesitate because of fear. You cannot say "Well, what if I get rejected?" or "What if I get laughed at?" "What if I get hurt?" All those questions are just going to leave you feeling as if you are less than you really are, and make you more self-conscious than you really should be.

So accept your fear. Accept it, but don't let it hold you back. The next time fear grabs the reins and keeps you from doing something, walk away from it, and do what you want to. Because it will leave you happier and calmer when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...