Friday, February 24, 2012

"Hilarious" Coincidences That I Do Not Find Funny in the Slightest

Ever heard of Murphy's Law? Well, there are several of them, but let me tell you the one that essentially sums up the rest of them: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. And I was seriously feeling that today. Let me tell you why.
So, near where I live, there is this museum which specializes in photography. They have these HUGE gallerys, filled with photo after photo. You can't go ANYWHERE (yes, even the bathrooms) without there being a photo or two. Or two hundred. I have been wanting to go there for, oh, the past two years or so to look at the pictures. So I finally get to go there today with this cute little black Snoopy notebook of mine. Yes, I have an obsession with a cartoon beagle, but that's beside the point. In this little notebook, I write all my short stories and poems.
I'm not sure about you other writers out there, but I find that truly, a picture is worth a thousand words. They are great inspiration for me; I can take a simple picture and craft a short story or poem around it. Or sometimes, even a novel.
But that's a different story. The point is, I go to this museum of photography expecting to find photos, right?
Except, there were no photos. All the galleries were closed. Every single one. Not a single photograph in that entire place. The ONE day I FINALLY get to go there, and what I am there for is NOT THERE. The person I was going with, who is not actually a writer and didn't really have an interest in the galleries like I did, found this simply, HILARIOUS. Except it WASN'T. Because I was (and still kinda am) SERIOUSLY annoyed.
That Murphy was one smart guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...