Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You



Title: I'd Tell You I'd Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Series? The first book in the Gallagher Girls series, followed by the novel Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy.
Author: Ally Carter
Genre: Realistic Fiction, Romance, Humor, Spies
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Summary:
 "... technically, the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a school for geniuses... but when a school tells you that and then teaches you things like advanced encryption and fourteen different languages, it's kind of like a big tobacco telling kids not to smoke."
 Cammie Morgan is girl that nobody notices - but in a family of spies, that's a good thing. Being nicknamed "The Chameleon" is fine, because it sure helps for surveillance-based CoveOps assignments. But what happens to the girl nobody sees when out on a CoveOps assignment in town - a completely normal small town - a very cute, very normal small town boy happens to see her? Is she willing to risk everything to try for a relationship that is against all rules?
Rating: 
              That's a Shame (it's over).

Review: I put Humor in the Genre column for a reason. This book is incredibly funny, if the quote above (written in blue) from the first page does not make that obvious. This book meshes butt-kicking-spies-ness with OMG-high-school-girl-ness. The result is hilarity to the extreme. Think a female-James-Bond goes to high school. If you want a laugh, with a little bit of AWWW!-ness, and a good amount of undercover BA-ness, I would highly recommend this book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...