Thursday, February 23, 2012

Book Review: The Way We Fall


Title: The Way We Fall
Sequel? Unknown
Author: Megan Crewe
Genres: Realistic Fiction, Disease, Romance
Age Level: YA (12-18)
Summary: "It starts with an itch you just can't shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you'll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they're old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in. And then you're dead." - The Way We Fall
Kaelyn is back on the island, after being moved out to Toronto, where she did not fit in. The thing is, she doesn't really fit in in her hometown either. Not since she came back. Not since she had a fight with her best friends Leo, whose gone as well. 
But her microbiologist father had to come back to work at the research center on the island, and so Kaelyn, her brother Drew, and her mom had to come back with him. And even though Kaelyn doesn't fit in at school, she's doing all right coping. That is, until the virus strikes, wiping out almost everyone. The government quarantines them to the island: no one can leave, but no one can come back either. 
How can you survive living constant fear that the person that seemed friendly enough yesterday, talking to you, may be dead in a few more days, leaving you to follow in their footsteps? How can you live with no one you love left? 
Rating: 
Rude Awakening

Review: Let me tell you, this book scared the heck outta me. I was reading it at night, before I went to bed. I closed  it, turned off my light and tried to fall asleep. The problem was, I had an itch. An itch that, no matter how hard I scratched it, would not go away. It took me ten minutes just to convince myself: "Ana, that is a book. It is not real. You are not going to catch some creepy virus. It is NOT real." ... except, even now, I'm not to sure. Because I'm still feeling kinda itchy. Needless to say, if you get scared easily, do not read it. Because, like the virus itself, this book creeps into the very edges of your brain, making you think of the very things you'd rather forget. That being said, it is still a very interesting read. If you don't mind hard topics, then I would recommend it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...