Thursday, May 17, 2012

Book Review: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Title: Embrace
Series/Sequel? Embrace #1
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Genre(s): Paranormal Romance
Age Level: YA
Page Count: 369 (Hardcover)
POV: 1st Person (female

Summary from Goodreads: 

It starts with a whisper.

"It's time for you to know who you are..."


Strange dreams leave her with very real injuries and there's a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms. The guy she thought she could fall in love with just told her he's only half human - oh, and same goes for her. And she keeps hearing a distant fluttering of wings.

Violet Eden is having a very bad 17th birthday.

But if angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden...


Review: Romance + new mythology = AWESOME

The thing that first drew me into this book was the cover. Because, I mean, I think that cover is essentially the epitome of awesomeness.

Then came the characters. The main character, actually, named Violet Eden. Because she is hilarious and outspoken and strong and not just a damsel in distress (the majority of the time). I loved how strong she was, how she was not going to break down over a guy. Though she did make some stupid decisions at times, I believe that all in all, she was intelligent, clever, and focused.

And then we come to Phoenix and Lincoln. The two swoon-worthy boys. Oh, how I loved both of them! Their relationships to Violet were both so different, the way they treated her and talked to her. They were both awesome in their own separate ways, but if we're picking teams, I think I'm going with Lincoln.

But really, I think the thing that got me the most about this book was the mythology. All the different magic in this book, how it was set up, who had the ability to do what, and how other things tied into it. Every magical, angel-related part of this book I loved and loved hearing about.

So, yes, this book was good. Very good. But it's the best if you want new, interesting mythology. And if you like romance. Recommended for fans of the Fallen series!

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It makes my day every time I get a new comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...